Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Faith in Action" and "The Point"

I was disappointed to hear that our pastor's exciting new push to get the church in motion, called "Faith in Action" (a group thing already thought of by someone else), was not coordinated at all with the Youth leader. He announced this past Sunday that "everyone" was invited to come to the church on Wednesday night to learn more and to sign up for their ill-defined project, but this effort had not even been coordinated with the Youth minister, who had planned a big meeting with the youth leaders and parents to plan out some upcoming events.

I find it interesting to watch them jump on the bus and start driving without coordinating with anyone. After having my toes run over so many times I'm glad I'm not involved in this effort; sounds like business as usual for them, rushing something to closure, claiming full success despite the number of people that show up, and then move on to run over whoever else is in the way.