Monday, June 11, 2012

Sad about social interaction

It was funny reading the weekly update from HP this week.  It talked about how there would be a pause in the Sunday morning service to allow for inthe Whiterpersonal action and discsusion to help promote a more social environment.  This effort is so disappointing that it appalls me to hear of it.  It is so formulaic that it smacks of a thinly veiled attempt to show the social aspect of HP.  

I have an experience that will help illustrate the difficultiy that Steven and his followers deal with:  I ate lunch at the original Shane's last week, and the Whites,the Dykes, and the Jones all were in attendance.  They all ordered their food and made a big deal about greeting the elder in their family, but me and my family were there and got no greetings, no welcomes, no acknowledgements.  I smiled and nodded but got nothing in return, especially from the Dykes male and the White male.  I was not encouraged nor even acknowledged, even though I giive  a significant portion to the church.  I accept my place as outsider and outcast from HP, but it is hard to see it up close and first-hand.  

My Savior did not do things this way.  He ate with sinners, drank with tax collectors, and associated with the less-than-savory in his time.  I do the same, leading a life of shift work, darkness, and separation.  I pray for the bigoted and the foolish, and hope that they escape the bondage they live with every day.